Contact details of services and information.
A short 5 page read investigating why men are violent and solutions to the problem. Very clinical but relevant.
INFORMATION & SUPPORT
- FAMILY VIOLENCE INFORMATION LINE - For information about family violence & local services
0800 456 450 www.areyouok.org.nz
- SAFE TO TALK NATIONAL SEXUAL HARM HELPLINE (24hrs) - Free & confidential information & support to people affected by sexual harm.
0800 044 334 www.safetotalk.nz
FIND SUPPORT – SENSITIVE CLAIMS ACC (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm) - Free & confidential access to support (including therapy) for people affected by sexual violence in any way. For all other enquiries or injuries as a result of family violence call 0800 222 822 or www.acc.co.nz. 0800 735 566 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.findsupport.co.nz
- VICTIM SUPPORT SERVICES (24hrs) - A trained volunteer service who provide support & information if you’ve been hurt by crime or trauma.
0800 VICTIM or 0800 842 846 www.victimsupport.org.nz
- ORANGA TAMARIKI – MINISTRY FOR CHILDREN (24hrs) - If you’re worried about a child and want report a concern.
0508 326 459 www.orangatamariki.govt.nz
- ELDERABUSE HELPLINE (24hrs) - If you’re worried about yourself or another older person and want to report a concern or require help or advice.
0800 EA NOT OK or 0800 32 668 65
- SHAKTI (24hrs) - Working to end all forms of violence & discrimination against women of colour from migrant and refugee communities.
0800 SHAKTI or 0800 742 584
- VICTIM INFORMATION - Victim’s information for people affected by crime. www.victimsinfo.org.nz